Manuscript contributions are invited from faculty members, undergraduate students, postgraduate students, academicians, researchers, private institutions and industrial practices who would like to use MIJ to present and discuss their research.
Types of Papers
The Journal accepts the following categories of papers:
c)Short-papers (with well-defined ideas, but lacking research results or having preliminary results)
d)Technology, theory or mathematical modeling Discussion/Overview Papers
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process , authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items , and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The following flowchart outlines the publication process for MIJ.
The submitted manuscripts will be screened initially by the chief editors to determine their suitability. The Editorial Advisory and Review Board will then review the manuscripts. There is no submission dateline. However, a minimum of two months is required to complete the publication started from the submission date. Delay of publication may occurs until the editor satisfied with the final revisions. Manuscript can be submitted at https://journal.uitm.edu.my/ojs/index.php/MIJ/submissions . Please feel free to register an account for the submission system.,
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Declaring Conflicts of Interest and Funding Source
Since Vol. 3 Issue 1, all the papers published with MIJ must be included with statement of declarations on Conflict of Interest and funding source.
Authors should disclose their research funding sources, linkage, membership or relationships with organization or institution that might potentially influence the objectivity of a publication. The corresponding author is responsible for providing a declaration on behalf of all authors.
In case of authors with no conflict of interest, the corresponding author should explicitly state that in the article using the following sentence as for examples:
"The authors have no conflicts of interest to declare that are relevant to the content of this article."
"All authors certify that they have no affiliations with or involvement in any organization or entity with any financial interest or non-financial interest in the subject matter or materials discussed in this manuscript."
Declaration of Authors Contributions
MIJ requires that all authors take responsibility for the contents of the work submitted for review. The contributions of each author must be described in the accepted manuscript since the Vol.3 Issue 1 to ensure accountability.
Article Licensing and Copyright Policy
Authors of articles published in MIJ retain the copyright of their articles and are free to reproduce and disseminate their work and have granted to any third party , in advance and in perpetuity , the right to use , reproduce or disseminate their article, in accordance with the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution (see each article for the exact CC BY version used ).
Under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution, this license allows users to copy and distribute the material in any medium or format in unaltered form only, just for non commercial purposes and the attribution is given to the creator.
Therefore, when distributing or re-publishing the articles published in MIJ, the Corresponding Author agrees to cite the related paper with MIJ as the journal name and UiTM Press as the original publisher.
AUTHOR REPRESENTATIONS/ETHICS AND DISCLOSURE
I affirm the Author Representations noted below and confirm that I have reviewed and complied with the relevant Instructions to Authors, Ethics in Publishing policy, Declarations of Interest disclosure and information for authors from countries affected by sanctions (Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Burma, Syria, or Crimea). Please note that some journals may require that all co-authors sign and submit Declarations of Interest disclosure forms. I am also aware of the publisher’s policies with respect to retractions and withdrawal.
1. The Article I have submitted to the journal for review is original, has been written by the stated authors and has not been previously published.
2. The Article was not submitted for review to another journal while under review by this journal and will not be submitted to any other journal.
3. The Article and the Supplemental Materials do not infringe any copyright, violate any other intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any person or entity, or contain any libellous or other unlawful matter.
4. I have obtained written permission from copyright owners for any excerpts from copyrighted works that are included and have credited the sources in the Article or the Supplemental Materials.
5. Except as expressly set out in this License Agreement, the Article is not subject to any prior rights or licenses and, if my or any of my coauthors’ institution has a policy that might restrict my ability to grant the rights required by this License Agreement (taking into account the Scholarly communication rights permitted hereunder), a written waiver of that policy has been obtained.
6. If I and/or any of my co-authors reside in Iran, Cuba, Sudan, Burma, Syria, or Crimea, the Article has been prepared in a personal, academic or research capacity and not as an official representative or otherwise on behalf of the relevant government.
7. If I am using any personal details or images of patients, research subjects or other individuals, I have obtained all consents required by applicable law and complied with the publisher’s policies relating to the use of such images or personal information.
8. Any software contained in the Supplemental Materials is free from viruses, contaminants or worms.
9. If the Article or any of the Supplemental Materials were prepared jointly with other authors, I have informed the co-author(s) of the terms of this License Agreement and that I am signing on their behalf as their agent, and I am authorized to do so.